Cristina Carolan (Chef Veggie) loves to share with others the joy that comes from eating healthy meals. As a former Army brat with a Tennessee-bred father and Filipino mother, she has traveled the globe and enjoyed exotic food both inside and outside the home. She grew up watching her grandmother cut veggies into small uniform pieces and carefully roll Lumpia (Filipino spring rolls). These early food experiences helped her realize that making great food takes time and love. During her time in college, she learned more about how agriculture and food production affect our land, waterways, animals, and people. Diet For a New America by John Robbins and a vegetarian ecology instructor inspired her to make the change to a vegetarian diet. She is a proponent of plant-based organic, locally grown foods and the green lifestyle. Cristina has been a vegetarian for almost 20 years. She has lived on 3 of the Hawaiian islands and has an extensive background in cooking tropical and ethnic foods. While living in a Vaisnava temple ashrama, she helped cook Indian feasts for 200 people on Sundays. Making delicious meals have been a part of her daily life since 1999. Chef Veggie Personal Chef Service was started in 2007.
As the mother of a fun 14-year-old, she knows the importance of family mealtime and the wellbeing it creates for our loved ones. She hopes that she can make that easier for you by providing tasty and healthy meals to enjoy in the comfort of home.
- BS Environmental Studies + Biology – Baylor University (1999)
- Volunteer at Govinda’s Vegetarian Buffet in Honolulu, Hawaii (1999-2000)
- Host/Chef for the San Antonio Vegetarian Society’s
9-course Indian feast for over 50 attendees
- Vegetarian Feast twice a month for 8-10 guests (2004-2006)
- Volunteer for Food For Life (Global Vegetarian Food Relief)
- Recipe published in Vegan Family Favorites
(Mango Avocado Love Salad)
- Member of American Personal & Private Chef Association
- A graduate of ROUXBE’s Plant-Based Professional Certification Course -2015 See my experience here.
I was in the top 3 graduates with a 99% final grade! Click here to get a discount off the course!
- Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition – 2011 from T.C. Campbell Foundation at eCornell
- ServSafe Certified Food Protection Manager #5758302 by National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Austin Food Blogger Alliance member since 2013
- Blog: Veggie Bytes Twitter: veggiebytes Pinterest: veggiebytes
Stop on by and say hello sometime!